Eligibility: Open to all Teamsters Local 213 members that currently work or have worked for an employer that contributes to the Joint Training School (JTS) training fund. All non-contributing Teamsters Local 213 members will need to contact the training coordinator for further information regarding the fee structure or course requirements.
Pipeline & Heavy Construction Warehouse Program Class 1,2 and 3
The Pipeline & Heavy Construction Warehouse Program consists of 3 classifications.
This classification with the added work experience will enable the individual to oversee the day to day operation of all pipeline and heavy construction warehouse facilities.
This classification with the added work experience will enable the individual with limited super vision, to oversee the day to day operation of all pipeline and heavy construction warehouse facilities.
This classification is an entry level position and requires the individual to either have a minimum of 1500 hours of warehouse work experience or successfully complete the Class 3 Pipeline & Heavy Construction Warehouse Program.
Class 3 Pipeline & Heavy Construction Warehouse Program breakdown.
- $ 325.00 non-refundable book fee
- 5 days in class studying with an instructor (Will be conducted via Virtual meeting)
- Day 1, Introduction to Warehousing
- Day 2, Warehousing Safe Operations
- Day 3, Inventory Management Solutions
- Day 4, Warehouse Material Handling
- Day 5, Final exam
Equipment training requirements (Provided with course)
- Counter balance forklift
- Skid steer
- Frontend loader
To progress from one Class to the next the individual will be required to work a minimum of 1500 hours in a warehouse position and provide documentation for those hours.
Teamsters Local 213 Drivers Certification Program for Class 1,2,3
Applicant will be responsible for all training scheduling and fees associated with this program. To be eligible for the Teamsters Local 213 JTS Certification Program reimbursement, the applicant must meet all requirements stated in the Teamsters Local 213 JTS Training Agreement.
The following is a list of responsibilities and obligations between the Applicant in the Teamsters Local 213 Drivers Certification Program and Teamsters Local Union 213 Joint Training School (JTS). The reimbursement of the licensing fee will be to a maximum of $ 7200.00. All hours worked must be from a contractor that contributes to the JTS Training Fund.
- Payment of all fees related to obtaining either a Class 1, 2 or 3 drivers licence.
- Scheduling of all training required to obtain either a Class 1,2 or 3 drivers licence.
- Adhere to all obligations set out in the Teamsters Local 213 Drivers Certification Logbook agreement.
- Read and sign the Teamsters Local Union 213 Code of Conduct.
- Complete all online and equipment training as provided by JTS.
- Provide copies of all training/licensing receipts to JTS for possible reimbursement.
Teamsters Local Union 213 Joint Training School’s (JTS) responsibilities:
- Dispatch the applicant to the best of their ability to a contractor that contributes to the JTS training fund.
- Supply all logbooks needed by applicant to record their hours.
- Verify all hours documented in each logbook.
- After verification of 2000 documented hours, reimburse 50% of the applicants licensing fees.
- After verification of 4000 hours and completion of all required training, reimburse the final 50% of the applicant’s licensing fee, up to a maximum of $7200.00
- Present the applicant with a certificate of completion upon fulfilling all prerequisites for the Teamsters Local 213 Drivers Certification Program.
Contact JTS training coordinator to review the application process.
- Fill out course application form
- Fill out Training Agreement
- Fill out Logbook agreement
- Read and sign Teamsters Local 213 Code of Conduct
There are a limited number of applicants per year.
Please follow this link to the list of required training provided by the Teamsters Local 213 Joint Training School.
Online Training available
Pipeline Safety Training Requirements
Pipeline Construction Safety Training (PCST)
Canadian Hours of Service * (Hours of Service)
Daily Pre Trip Inspection *(Commercial Drivers Vehicle Inspection)
Electronic Logging Devise
Fatigue Driving Prevention
Fire Safety Awareness
Ground Disturbance Awareness
North American Cargo Securement
Occupational First Aid Level 1 – 100% reimbursed
Professional Drivers Improvement Course (PDIC).
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
Violence and Harassment in the Workplace
Weights and Dimensions *(Mass Size and Cargo Securement)
Wilderness & Bear Awareness
For Pilot Car Driver – Traffic Control for Construction
*More courses are available upon request*
A and C division members in good standing are eligible for the bursary program. Receipt of a bursary is dependent upon successful completion of the course. Zoom Boom and Forklift training must be booked through Training Plan Coordinator.
- Forklift – 50%
- Zoom Boom – 50%
- Level B: Certification for Trainee Crane Operators – 100% (Crane training is booked through Fulford Harbour Group).
Please contact the Training Plan Coordinator by email or call 604-874-3654 for more information.