Great Things Are In Store… with Praxair Canada Inc.
With a dynamic, customer orientated team and a shared commitment for safety and excellence; we manage over 200 retail stores, production, metal fabrication, chemicals, food & beverage, professional healthcare and homecare. We currently have an opening in our Cranbrook, BC Branch for a:
Driver – Class 1
Responsibilities will involve local and surrounding area deliveries.
Major responsibilities (Duties may include but are not limited to):
- Deliver high pressure cylinders, liquid containers and hard goods to customer locations
- Load and unload cylinders, count and record quantities and styles of product to ensure
- actual load complies with shipping documents
- Check and placard vehicle according to Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations
- Complete shipping orders and related paperwork
- Complete trip reports, fuel tickets and other necessary reports
- Conduct pre and post trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervisor
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
Qualifications – Education and Professional experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience
- Valid, incident free, applicable provincial Class 1 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and 3 years experience.
- Able to manipulate a variety of cylinder sizes and weights as required
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training
- knowledge of compressed gases and safe handling along with mechanical aptitude
Enjoy a great future with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and opportunity for career growth.
Please quote this Job # PG14-011 Driver-031714 in the subject line and send us your resume and cover letter to:
Praxair Canada Inc
1470 Derwent Way, Delta, BC V3M 6H9
Fax: (604) 527-8479
Or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org