Teamsters Canada Member Scholarship
The Teamsters Canada Member Scholarship was specifically created for eligible members who wish to continue their education in their current field or expand into a different industry. Our scholarships are meant to help our members afford tuition for post-secondary institutions and certificate programs. Four $2,500 scholarships will be awarded. By supporting you in your projects, we build leaders who are proud to belong to be Teamsters and ready to play an active role in society. Download the application form here (the 2024-2025 form will be available at the end of July 2024).
Click on the image to download the brochure.
- have been an active member for at least 12 consecutive months prior to applying;
- have paid their union dues for the 12 months prior to applying;
- be enrolled in a regular training program at a college, CEGEP or university, or in a recognized vocational training program (truck driving school, welding school, etc).
Salaried employees of one or more Teamster bodies in Canada are not eligible. This includes, but is not limited to officers, union representatives, local union employees and business agents of Teamsters Canada, its joint councils, local unions, conferences or divisions. The spouses, parents and children of the above people are also excluded. The Committee may decide not to give all or any scholarship if it does not receive enough applications which comply with the selection criteria.
Send your questions to BTCS@teamsters.ca.
- the geographic breakdown of recipients across Canada;
- the financial situation of applicants;
- the number of scholarships already awarded to the candidate under the program in the past;
- union involvement;
- the quality of the essay.
The deadline is October 31st of each year. Send your application and ask your questions to BTCS@teamsters.ca.