Teamsters Local 213 supports life-long learning and many sons and daughters of Local 213 members
have received scholarships and bursaries from these funding groups.
Application for Teamsters Canada Scholarships for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
Download Teamsters leaflet about scholarships for memebers.
Download the Teamsters Scholarships for Members borchure.
Joseph Whiteford Scholarship for children of Teamster members
Each year, Local 213 offers a $500 Joseph Whiteford Scholarship to a member, spouse or the son or daughter of a member in good standing with Local 213.
- be a full-time student attending a post-secondary university, college or institute, or be in Grade 11 or 12
- have strong academic standing and be able to demonstrate financial need
Applications should be submitted in writing and contain:
- the purpose of the applicant’s education (goals)
- an explanation of the need for financial assistance
- a transcript of marks for the last semester or school period
- name of the member, spouse or parent who is a Teamster member in good standing; that member’s social insurance number and place of employment (whether full time or part time)
- the applicant’s social insurance number; his or her place of employment if employed, and whether full time or part time
- details of all other bursaries or scholarships won by the applicant
Applications for the Joseph Whiteford Scholarship must be received in the local office no later than October 15.